1. How long have you worked as a Service Coordinator?
2. Are you trained or Certified in TBI?
3. Are you or your agency insured and bonded?
4. Are you a train advocate with the Social Security Administration and can you help me if my Social Security income is interrupted?
5. Are you a train advocate with the Human Resource Administration and can you help me if my Medicaid and Food Stamps is interrupted?
6. If I need housing, can I rely on you to help me find an apartment?
7. If I need help to find a service provider or medical specialist can you help find one?
8. How many people do you have on your caseload?
9. How many people have you assisted to transition from the nursing home to the community?
10. Do you have a list of references I can contact before I make my decision to choose you as my Service Coordinator?
1. If you are a smoker, are you okay with working with a person that is a smoker?
2. If you have pets (cats, dogs, etc.) are you okay with working with someone who have pets?
3. If you own a vehicle, are you okay with using my vehicle to drive me to appointments?
4. If you live in a rural area and transportation is difficult, are you okay with using your own vehicle to drive me to appointments?